aHUS Canada needs your help to advocate for access to treatment – and the more voices we have, the more impactful our efforts will be!
Though Health Canada approved eculizumab (Soliris) as the first and only treatment for aHUS, the Common Drug Review (CDR) recommended the provinces do not list this life-saving treatment on their drug formularies.
Without public reimbursement for eculizumab, many patients may not have access to eculizumab unless they have coverage through private insurance. To help ensure that eculizumab is funded through all provincial drug programs, we have developed comprehensive packages of province-specific materials to assist you in your advocacy efforts.
The content of these advocacy packages will guide you on how to encourage key government decision-makers to publicly fund eculizumab for aHUS patients. Materials for each province and territory include:
- a step-by-step instruction sheet on how to advocate in your province
- a draft meeting request letter for advocates to send to their provincial member of parliament (MLA/MNA/MPP/MHA)
- a meeting outline to guide your meeting with your MLA/MNA/MPP/MHA
- a fact sheet on aHUS
- a detailed report-back form for you to fill out after your MLA/MNA/MPP/MHA meeting
- a draft letter for MPPs to send to the Minister of Health in their province
- a draft letter for advocates to send to the Minister of Health in their province
Should you have any questions about these materials, or require additional support, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for helping us make a difference for the Canadian aHUS community!
To download the advocacy package for your province, simply click the appropriate link below. You will arrive at a new page with a link with the name of your province. Click this link to begin the download.